The firm represents plaintiffs and defendants in disputes in state and federal courts in California. Examples of litigation matters
- Disputed business transactions, such as breach of contract
- Real property disputes
- Business governance (corporate dissolution and partnership
- Fraud, conversion, misappropriation
Most cases are in San Diego, California. The firm accepts cases
outside San Diego County when we can provide cost-effective representation to our clients.
We emphasize representation of small businesses
and their owners.
The firm represents plaintiffs and defendants in bankruptcy litigation at the trial level and on appeal. Examples
of bankruptcy litigation matters include:
- Adversary proceedings to recover preferences and fraudulent conveyances
- Adversary proceedings to except a debt from the bankruptcy discharge
(11 USC section
- Adversary proceedings to deny a bankruptcy discharge
(11 USC section 727)
- Objections to bankruptcy proofs of claim
The firm's family law practice is limited. We provide bankruptcy advice to
clients represented by family law attorneys. We do not appear in family court on behalf of clients.
The firm's practice does not include
criminal law, immigration law, workers compensation law, or automobile-related personal injury law.
Law Office of
Stephen K. Haynes